Dendroboard banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes and ofc also to make the tank appealing to the eye while the plants still need to grow.

It was never my intent to keep frogs in this setup. However, an adjustment or 2 can turn this tank in no time into a a perfect vivarium for a pair or Epipedobates, Ranitomeya, Pumilio or another smaller frog species.

But I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes and ofc also to make the tank appealing to the eye while the plants still need to grow.

It was never my intent to keep frogs in this setup. However, an adjustment or 2 can turn this tank in no time into a a perfect vivarium for a pair or Epipedobates, Ranitomeya, Pumilio or another smaller frog species.

But I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.
No reason for you to change a beautiful display! If anything, time and fund permitting, just means you can build something else if you want frogs in it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It would not be such drastic changes, but you are absolutely correct.

I still have 2 empty 70x50x65cm tanks to work on and finish. But I might have another vivarium project comming up before that thanks to Instagram.. 🙂

I also just got more and more patient over time I think haha

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
nice setup!
How did you built your water future and how do you maintain it?
Thanks.

There is not really a waterfeature actualy. It is a drainage gutter that is just filled to the top :) it contains about 1l of water max. I don't do annything to maintain it, there are no frogs in the tank.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is a drainage gutter that is just filled to the top
Is the Drainage Layer also under the rest of your tank, or does all drain to this gutter in the front?

It's just that I also would like to have a "water-part", not for optical reasons but to increase humidity without wet leaves (aka always raining)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It al drains to the front. I have a floating false bottom in this tank.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nope, I keep floating plants in the gutter.. I have to add water weekly to keep the water level up for the plants. :D

If I would want to drain it, I can use an aquarium simphon or a regular sponge..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Can we get some updated pictures of the water area? It's clear in your initial setup, but with how lush everything is right now and the angles of your pictures it's got somewhat lost in the environment.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I took this shot with my phone 3 weeks aggo before trimming. I was working on the positioning of the new spiderwood branches.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What do you have in the water area besides Salvinia Minima. Looks like Peperomia Sp. might have creeped in?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
That is the Monte Carlo and baby tears, even the pilea pop out sometimes

·
Registered
387 Posts
Interesting! The red runners are what threw me off! It's always interesting to see how plants display different aquatically vs. terrestrially.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’m not good with words, nor do I pretend to know the best ones... WOW

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks! I'm thinking of filling the drainage gutter with some pondfoam so I can expand the bottom area so the tank would be suited to keep frogs in. But I'm still going back and forward on this. Tbh, I don't want extra frogs to take care for😅

41 - 60 of 69 Posts