Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I redid my old and empty 60x40x50cm Dutch Rana tank from scratch.
I already like the result, but I will change the bromeliads position later this week. Forgot to take photo's when position the drift wood etc.. But this gives a good idea :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad you like it. I will let everything grow for a while first. When they cuttings root, I will fill up the waterfeature with gravel to expand the surface. This tank will probably go for sale since it's cabine needs to move for my (fixer-upper) rack system I intend to use..

This tank would be great for E.Tricolor or Anthonyi or D.Leucomelas. Mayebe even D.Truncatus or P.Aurotaenia..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm glad you like it. I will let everything grow for a while first. When they cuttings root, I will fill up the waterfeature with gravel to expand the surface. This tank will probably go for sale since it's cabine needs to move for my (fixer-upper) rack system I intend to use..

This tank would be great for E.Tricolor or Anthonyi or D.Leucomelas. Mayebe even D.Truncatus or P.Aurotaenia..
That's how I like vivariums. Awesome job.
What kind o leaf litter do you have?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's how I like vivariums. Awesome job.
What kind o leaf litter do you have?
The leaflitter consist of : Magnolia Soulgeano, Magnolia sp. dwarf, bamboo. I normaly add some oak on the first layer, but I'm running out for my other tanks..

Also rearranged the bromeliads again and added a few new. Now I'm 100% happy with the build.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More growth and one of the neoregelia's is flowering :

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Playing around with some spiderwood today, trying to create more depth.

·
Registered
737 Posts
That background is looking awesome! What moss is growing on it? Is that also just a bunch of Peperomia going everywhere? Very lush looking, its grown in a lot!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's moss from my lawn.. 😄 I think it's Brachythecium rutabulum. Only 2 types of pepperomia. The other small leafed plants are Montecarlo and I have no idea what the one is that grows best..

·
Registered
737 Posts
It's moss from my lawn.. 😄 I think it's Brachythecium rutabulum. Only 2 types of pepperomia. The other small leafed plants are Montecarlo and I have no idea what the one is that grows best..
Montecarlo! I love how aquarium plants keep cropping up in the vivarium side of things as well. This plant completely consumes some high tech aquarium scapes, does it go crazy in vivaria as well or is it better mannered?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Montecarlo is realy slow! It mostly grows in the mos. I should ID the good growing small leafed plant. I think it probably a 'soleirolia', but I'm not sure.

I'm trying some different common used plants for aquascapes in a few vivariums. But I'm already convinced most of those plants would need to be kept to moist if you want them to thrive in a dart frog vivarium.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Added 2 more thicker branches to the left side of the tank to create more depth from all angles. Also did some specific trimming to highlight the darker areas in the viv. (Got this tip from Josh Sims) I'm trimming weekly now, that's the way I like it. 🙂

1 - 20 of 69 Posts