Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently acquired this 3rd pair of escudos, and very unique ones in my opinion... so I thought you fellow froggers might enjoy looking at them .....so enjoy!

Attachments

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice...the older lines all look like that for the most part.
True. Im gonna try really hard to find some spotted ones eventually. I havent had a pair ever throw any out spotted so Im assuming its something from a certain spot of that tiny veraguas....

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
True. Im gonna try really hard to find some spotted ones eventually. I havent had a pair ever throw any out spotted so Im assuming its something from a certain spot of that tiny veraguas....
Spotted? I'm not sure what you mean when you say spotted escudo.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
cairo11;631409 is that something only in certain part of veraguas or something that they may throw once in a while? ...[/QUOTE said:
The journal did not mention which part of the island that particular frog was found. It shows several examples and the variability is quite remarkable.

A little off topic but an interesting quote--"The population of the Escudo
frog was conspicuously high...breeding sites such as bromeliads were absent..." (BriBri journal)

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and compared to other locales....this island is supposed to be tiny....amazing how variable they seem to be there.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Nice frogs, I like all the red on them. I'm interested to see how the offspring will turn out, whether they will mostly be red like the parents or variable amounts of red/blue like many other escudos.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Not sure I agree Chris that the 'older lines' [is there really such a thing???] were all red....

In fact I think you would be hard pressed to find a lot of full or near full red escudo around IMO

Sure, they are still going but for the most part a 50:50 pattern seems the most common.

Shawn

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It almost doesent make sense to me.....does it mean the higher reds are now scarce inn the islabd or higher blues are whats being permitted to leave and by that meaning theyre common....what would be the reason for no reds coming in lately?

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Yeah mine that are mostly blue throw all patterns, some a little spotted also

Chris
They ever give a full blue offspring?

It seems to me, and to my recollection, that I have never seen a full blue escudo posted for sale, although full blue imports [FR BS] were sold in the first import [U know the one that SNDF said would be the only ever import and charged us 500$ ea for them] ;)

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Thank you...that's what I meant by older lines...sorry for the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For all we know, and we may never get a true answer, the first imports through SNDF were hand picked for color.??

He sold them segregated as reds, red/blue, and blue varieties, and I recall they charged more for the solid ones.

When was the last time anyone here saw a solid red, or solid blue escudo for sale?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts