Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this tank this week. And thought Id share a few photos with everyone.

Background finished.

Drainage layer and substrate divider installed

Substrate layer installed

Nice deep tank shot before leaves were added

Leaves added

Another angle showing the 2 pools where water will fill in over time

A couple of planted shots.

Full Tank Shot

Shingler is Marcgravia rectiflora

Begonia 'Abu Dhabi' there are 2 cuttings in there.

Unknown aroid that was sold to me as Syngonium SP. I highly doubt that it is a Syngonium.

Future inhabitants.
Wishbone (Probable female)

I will get a couple of shots of Biohazard (Confirmed male) later today

ENJOY!

Todd

·
Banned
503 Posts
Exellent job man! Needs more plants though, Maybe some broms? otherwise it's very natural!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the input! I have absolutely no intention of putting bromeliads in this tank or any other D. tinctorius vivarium. Its just not very natural for them save for maybe a few terrestrial bromeliads. They will not make use of the bromeliads either.No need to add much more as far as plants , give it 3 months... that tank will be crazy!
Plant list so far
about 7-10 cuttings of Selaginella serpens
5 cuttings of Pilea 'Silver Tree'
Unknown aroid
2 cuttings of Begonia 'Abu Dhabi'
3 cuttings of Marcgravia rectiflora
Im thinking I may add an orchid or 2 on the background but given the amount of space I have and the species of frog that the tank is setup for Im not finding any that meet that criteria.

Todd

·
Registered
359 Posts
Todd,

Both of your new vivs look great. Once the plants grow in, they will look awesome. Good choices in Tincs also.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx Don, that was exactly my plan.

The Oelemarie are a morph that Ive been working with on and off for years. with some incidents with my original collection Ive finally acquired a probable female for my 6 year old male and plan to put them together in this viv in November/December.(This puts the female around 18+ months old allowing her to reach full maturity as opposed to just sexual maturity)

I will be adding more photos as time moves on and the tank fills in.

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Nice looking viv, Todd. I think that the Syngonium will produce just the kind of canopy that tinctorius love (especially without taking up too much floor space from the frogs).

Best of luck with the Oelemaries, Richard.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx guys !

Richard, that "Syngonium" is one of my favs in the collection. Im hoping it continues to spread a bit. It shouldnt get much taller than that tho :D

I added about 3 more pieces of Pilea 'Silver Tree' yesterday which im sure Ill regret within the next 3 months LOL.
Also the smell of the silicone has faded. However Ive noticed a new scent that seems quite strong. Upon further investigation this seems to be from the substrate mix. With the main contributor of this scent seemingly coming from the Fir bark.
Woodlice and springtails have been added :D
Im hoping to have Wishbone in her new viv by the end of the month

Todd

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, I thought Id share a few recent pix of this vivarium.

Also i put the male in with the female for a few minutes this past weekend. Mostly to see how she was sizing up. But also because it would give me a decent chance to get a photo of him (His tank doesnt allow for easy photographing)

So heres a shot of Biohazzard as well as a few shots of the 2 together.

Wishbone is on the left, Biohazzard is on the right

Wishbone is on the top, Biohazzard is on bottom

She is about the same size as him at this point. Now 15 months old I figured she will only have a few more short months to out grow him

I hope everyone enjoys the pix!

Todd

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
To quote something funny I heard over on Caudata (by Jan, one of the mods), edited for frogs instead of salamanders-

In my experience, fantastica tend to be shy and hide, imitators tend to be outgoing and tincs are slimy puppies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. The two heights from the driftwood is awesome and gave me some ideas for my setup.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
To quote something funny I heard over on Caudata (by Jan, one of the mods), edited for frogs instead of salamanders-

In my experience, fantastica tend to be shy and hide, imitators tend to be outgoing and tincs are slimy puppies.
Haha, that's going in my sig! I'm changing it a little though!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts