Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom had some extra D. leuc metamorphs, and was gracious enough to give them to me! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I set them in an exo-terra with 2 levels. I will upload pics of them first, then I will upload some of the viv. It is NOT grown in at all, but it will be very nice!

Thanks for looking!

JBear

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some of the viv... What are some sugested plants for the top portion? I will be inserting a "bean pod" water resevoir in the top right side of the elevated part.

Thanks!

JBear

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These guys are great... I can now see why so many here love them so much!

JBear

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congratulations on getting your own Leucomelas.

I do have some real fears for you for using so many "wild" products in your viv. I constructed my first viv years ago from wild woods and mosses and lost several frogs from having done it. Now I boil, bake or microwave everything that goes into the vivs. Hopefully you won't have negative results, but it is certainly a risk.

Good luck with them, Richard.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations on getting your own Leucomelas.

I do have some real fears for you for using so many "wild" products in your viv. I constructed my first viv years ago from wild woods and mosses and lost several frogs from having done it. Now I boil, bake or microwave everything that goes into the vivs. Hopefully you won't have negative results, but it is certainly a risk.

Good luck with them, Richard.
The only thing from nature is the birch. The moss was bought at Home Depot, as well as the dirt. The leaves were purchased online. As far as I know, my mom had baked the branch, but I may be wrong. I appreciate the word of warning! Good man! Has anyone used birch before? How does it hold up?

Thanks!

JBear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts