Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 D.Banded Leucomelas, 3 D. Tinctorius Citronella, 3 D. Tinctorius La Fumee
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue Azure Wood World Rectangle

So I was gifted by my daughters boyfriend an Exo Terra 24x18x36 tall tank. Someone had started the build several years ago and then lost interest for whatever reason. It had a waterfall and pump already foamed in but thanks to this board I promptly removed all of that and proceeded to work with what hardscape was already there. I'm having fun with it and can't complain about free right! I think my Leucs are gonna get an upgrade to this tank because they love to climb so much. I much prefer working on these bigger tanks!! This is pretty much what I started with once I removed the pump and airhose.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You don’t have to start over, just carefully tear out the grape wood and foam in something that will hold up. If you want something with a similar look, manzanita or spiderwood will work.

If I were you, I would either add more cork or rip out the existing and put it at an angle which the frogs could get some use out of it. It looks nice the way it is, but there is some empty space that could be filled up.

·
Registered
2 D.Banded Leucomelas, 3 D. Tinctorius Citronella, 3 D. Tinctorius La Fumee
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Completed this build a few weeks ago, but have since added a couple of nano and mini Neoregelia Bromeliads. My Leucs are loving it and can be found all over the tank.
Plant Vertebrate Wood Terrestrial plant Grass

Plant Branch Natural environment Wood Natural landscape

1 - 9 of 9 Posts