Dendroboard banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new Vivarium will house 3(for now) Blue Footed Luecomelas Cerro Autana. Hoping to add 2 more from a different bloodline in a few months. It has a mistking, bulkhead for draining the false bottom, cloud forest design label, and 4 13watt led grow bulbs! The background is great stuff with a good bit of cork flats and tubes, well started with a bunch of marcgravia. Can't wait to this one grown out in a few months!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great close up shots. What camera/phone are you using to get those?
Thanks! These pictures were actually taken with my Galaxy S6 edge, seems to do really well under the LED lighting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really like the tank, good job!

What is the middle lower area for on the substrate? Is that just dirt there or black gravel?
I'm pretty sure you're referring to the small pond area. I have black gravel to hold the screen substrate divider down into place along with some large river stones. Also, I have the substrate blocked off on the sides with cork flats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're referring to the small pond area. I have black gravel to hold the screen substrate divider down into place along with some large river stones. Also, I have the substrate blocked off on the sides with cork flats.

Yep, that is the area. I had a feeling it was a wet area. So are you actually filling it with water? If so, do those cork flats keep it in there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that is the area. I had a feeling it was a wet area. So are you actually filling it with water? If so, do those cork flats keep it in there?
Basically, it uses the water that's in the false bottom already. The cork flats are used to keep the substrate from falling into the water. I can post a few more pics of some close ups when I get home from work this evening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't wait to see more pics of the tank once everything grows in a bit! Did you glue the vines down or are you letting them attach on their own?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't wait to see more pics of the tank once everything grows in a bit! Did you glue the vines down or are you letting them attach on their own?
I ordered a couple gallons of live moss from NEherp and placed the marcgravia on that... just making sure it stays moist and doesn't dry out.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Nice build and beautiful frogs. Your broms are pretty bunched together and once they grow out they will interfere with each other and when broms touch others or objects it tends to make the leaves turn yellow and brown. I would space them out better and add some to the actual background.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's always good to see pics of these frogs

·
Registered
42 Posts
This new Vivarium will house 3(for now) Blue Footed Luecomelas Cerro Autana. Hoping to add 2 more from a different bloodline in a few months. It has a mistking, bulkhead for draining the false bottom, cloud forest design label, and 4 13watt led grow bulbs! The background is great stuff with a good bit of cork flats and tubes, well started with a bunch of marcgravia. Can't wait to this one grown out in a few months!

Nice build and beautiful frogs! I have some Bakhuis is the exact same Exo Terra terrarium. I'm thinking of getting a mistking system so I can stop manually misting such a large terrarium. I see you have 3 misting heads. Is that amount overkill for the 60 gallon terrarium? I was thinking of using 2 misting heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice build and beautiful frogs! I have some Bakhuis is the exact same Exo Terra terrarium. I'm thinking of getting a mistking system so I can stop manually misting such a large terrarium. I see you have 3 misting heads. Is that amount overkill for the 60 gallon terrarium? I was thinking of using 2 misting heads.

Thanks! Couldn't really give you a fair answer as to if it's overkill or not, being it my first vivarium using a mist king. However, I do have it set at small 15 second intervals 3 times per day and it's working out quite nicely. I think 2 heads would be plenty. Do you plan on drilling and installing a bulkhead for drainage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks! Couldn't really give you a fair answer as to if it's overkill or not, being it my first vivarium using a mist king. However, I do have it set at small 15 second intervals 3 times per day and it's working out quite nicely. I think 2 heads would be plenty. Do you plan on drilling and installing a bulkhead for drainage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I have a large pond in the corner of my vivarium from which I manually suck out excess water from every few weeks once the false bottom layer fills up with water.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts