Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$110 for these 3 2" broms, can't wait for them to get full size (which won't be a whole lot bigger) asnd really color up. Neo balboa, wild rabbit and mojo, bought off the Tropiflora VIPP list.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Bitchin! I just got a couple new hybrids from Hawaii the other day. Neo. Popcorn and Klingon. They weren't that pricy, but not quite as cool either!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Do you have any pics of these same types fully coloured up? Its impossible to find correct pictures of neos on google.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking for a light base with red, these 3 fit the bill, I was told 1 will be really special when full grown, I'll have to find out which. All 3 will be planted in brom mix and kept outside inside my pool enclosure. Grimm try checking Tropiflora's web site, they may have pics of full grown.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sick Brom's, I wish I had that kind of money to spend on plants right now.

I need to place another Tropiflora order, But it's snowing here in Spokane.
How is their Winter shipping?

Steve

And Shipping plants is usually safe as long as you're willing to up the shipping type... if its snowing I'd strongly advise overnight or 2 day shipping to prevent the plants from getting too cold.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Desirable characteristics i.e. color, size, first offerings...LL Fants were $295 each when first introduced, Benedicta $400. These were $30, $35 and $45 each which I will admit is pricey but I have seen $100 broms there as well but never bought one because they sold immediately.
I would say these do fit the bill of

COLLECTOR BROMS Y'ALL....COLLECTOR BROMS!!

Though 2 years from now they may have pots with several heads for $15 each, wee willies used to be $12 per head, I have seen pots with 9 or 10 heads for $15 since. Some broms don't reproduce quickly and won't drop much in price though they may not be as expensive as these, Neo herbie and angel face come to mind.

·
Registered
543 Posts
how the hell are these $110?
I've spent 50 bucks on an Amorphophallus titanum in a 1 quart pot before, which I killed withing 6 months. I also spent 90 on an Intersectional peony ( a hybrid between a tree and a herbaceous peony) for my mom's yard a few years back as well. Paeonia 'Bartzella' is a spectacular plant in bloom, with huge semi-double soft yellow blooms 9 inches across. I've always been a plant person, way before frogs.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'll be honest. Although I understand that these are rare cultivars, I'm not really seeing anything that justifies the price.
Imagine someone who doesn't know frogs, and then imagine me telling them I'm thinking about buying a pair of Grannies for $1200, or a pair of sylvie's for $1000, or even a pair of BJ's for $600...its all relative...

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be honest. Although I understand that these are rare cultivars, I'm not really seeing anything that justifies the price.
Just like the Sylvaticus coming in at $500 each, a bargain for what they are...a picture never really justify's reality.

Though I must say, sweet use of the word cultivars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts