Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I went to Lowe's today because my friend who works in lawn and Garden called because they got some brom. in. I picked this one up for $7.50 with tax. It has five pups. I am hoping to use them in my new 2.5 gallon tanks for my imitators. I just ordered my hardware from Peace of the Tropics and hope to have my new verts up soon.

Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
my new 2.5 gallon tanks for my imitators.
\

2.5 gallon, really? Or did you mean 25gal? Would that brom even fit into a 2.5 gallon?

Just curious, sorta wondering how small a viv is appropriate for the smaller species (say a 1.1 pair)....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean 2.5 gallon. I am turning them into a vert. The Brom. is only in a 4" clay pot. It is not that big in size. I have two males in a 2 gallon hex. right now. They have been in their a while with no signs of stress and are fat. They call every mourning. Smaller tanks are also good to monitor feeding of frogs.
later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Smaller tanks are fine. I have a friend who routinely has bastimentos and nancy pumilio breed in small tanks. I am not sure of the exact size, but the tanks are smaller than a ten gallon.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The Vriesea pups are likely to quickly outgrow a 2.5 or even a 10 gallon terrarium. I bought one that size (in flower) that grew into two plants, each 12" tall and 14" wide. However, they do have really nice water pockets for egg feeders, and don't require tons of light.

My Vriesea 'Tiffany' is on the left, about one month after purchasing it. I had to cut the second pup (not shown) off and give it away, as it was getting a bit too large.

As you can see, the one plant was large enough that it had to be moved to the lower left corner of the tank. The second pic was taken 8 months after the first.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have purchased maney of those broms for quarintine vivs. I also quarintine alot of my frogs in the 2g tanks. I like them better then the shoe boxes becuase I can moniter the frog more closely. Also Those broms can take a beating. They can survive long periods with no water and bone dry soil and very little light. I have really put some of them to the test.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts