Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this book yet: DENDROBATES: The Fascinating Journey Through Ecuador, Peru, and Colombia by Siegfried Christmann? Heard it was out but couldnt find it anywhere on the net.

·
Registered
403 Posts
http://www.zoobooksales.com just got their order in yesterday. I called about it today, it sounds amazing. Unfortunatly it costs $250, but I'm sure it would be money well spent. I've seen a few scanned images from it and it looks spectacular. I want to see it in person at a show before I fork over the money for it but I don't see how I could be disapointed. It's unfortunate it's not in availible hardcover though. Talk to you later,

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$250!!! I thought college textbooks were expensive. It must be a really nice book then. Know what the page count is? I also heard it was multiple volumes.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Patrick wrote:
I just ordered my copy, and will let you all know what I think! Sounds very intereresting...
That would be great, as I can't even find anything on it on the net (like any of the pages, table on contents, etc). Everything I have found was in languages I don't know lol. Anyway, if someone could point me in the direction of some more info on it that would be great (couldn't find it late last night on zoobooksales.com, but that could have been from being tired :D ). Thanks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
zoo book sales

If you have trouble finding the website, you can reach Eric Thiss of Zoo book sales at 507-467-8733.

THanks
eRIc

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
$250! Wow thats a bit high. Anyone who gets it let us know how it is.

I would like to buy some more books, the only one i have is: "Poison Dart Frogs..." By: William Samples, and Jack Wattley.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Kyle,
I have that book als and really liked it. I would love to see what this 3 volume set is about though. Is it in English or does anyone know?

TonyT

G

·
0 Posts
If some one could post about the pics i love pictures and would be worth it for those. Its hard to compare to The Jewel book but if its close ill spend the green.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The book arrives!

Well I got it in today, and while I have not had a chance to look through it all, it appears to be outstanding. The price is a bit of a killer, but there is no other resource like it. The author has tramped though all of Columbia, Ecuador and Peru, looking for the populations of the dart frogs that occur there. There appear to be detailed looks at Histrionicus, Tricolor, various thumbnails, and even some pumilio, both in the wild and in captivity.
He also has lots of photos of many cool rainforest inhabitants other than dart frogs.
Eric at Serpents tale has asked me to let people know about the book, I am selling them for him, so if you are interested in a copy contact me. I will offer a free pumilio t shirt for Dendroboard members who orders the book through me!
Patrick
Saurian.net
636 536 0978

G

·
0 Posts
Well Iam going to order the set of books....
If its not frogs I am buying it is frog related ;)

I will let you guys know how I like it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts