Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved my Azureus (his name is Meelo) into his new house. Its an Exo Terra 45x45x60 cm, been cycled for about a month and a half now and it has a few granulated isopods and a steady colony of springtails.

I know i definitely need more leaf litter, but its next to impossible to find it for sale in any irl stores or online places that will ship to ireland (if anyone has links pls share) so right now I only have leaves that I've managed to gather and sterilise myself.

What does everyone think? Its definitely a big improvement on his last setup, he's never had a textured background before and he really surprised me with how well he can climb!

Also p.s - there is a maiden hair fern in the front right-hand corner that looks limp - i know this and i wanted to replace it with something more suited to the envrionment but its a hotbed for the springtails right now so i decided to leave it for a bit until they move on.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks pretty good all in all. You may want to add a few dry hiding spots on the substrate though(Cocohuts over a plastic jar lid work very well). Other than that it’s a very nice build.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really like your built!

I second the cocohut hide.

In regards to the leaf litter, there should be an oak/beech forest around you.
I've seen many people gathering their own leaves, it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you sterilize them first and that's what you did.
Personally, I would say the biggest plus from store bought leaves is their appearance, the magnolia leaves for example look very nice with their curled edges and bright brown colour.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty good all in all. You may want to add a few dry hiding spots on the substrate though(Cocohuts over a plastic jar lid work very well). Other than that it’s a very nice build.
Oh okay cool thank you. Theres a cocohut in the viv already with some leaves inside but i didnt know about the plastic lid thats a good idea!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts