Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just picked up some Auratus yesterday from a local reptile show. One of them is looking pretty thin, I suspect due to stress of moving, and it isn’t as active as the others.
The temperature in the tank is steady at just below 75 Fahrenheit and the humidity is also held pretty constant at around 80%.

I’ve been feeding fruit flies dusted with Zoomed Reptivite. I’ve also fed confused rice flour beetle larvae.
There are three frogs in the 36 gallon tank, all purchased together.

I am just a little worried that this skinny looking frog may not make it. I have seen it eat before, but it mainly hangs out more or less the same location, unlike the other two who patrol the tank while hunting.

Any suggestions on what I should do to make sure it becomes healthy, and possibly gain a little weight? There are some pictures of the tank and frog below. Anything helps, thanks!
4BF30707-6E6B-42FC-B361-A68ADA0EC145.jpeg

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would move him to a separate smaller tank or container with a moist paper towel on the floor and feed him some flies. Not too many to start so you don’t stress him out, but he may find it easier to find them in a smaller space away from the others, and hopefully it isn’t too late for him to gain weight. Also you’ll be able to monitor any droppings easier

Others with more experience will probably comment, but I don’t think that water feature is going to be suitable for the long term.... Auratus don’t like to swim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Its not a swimming issue. Its a biological hygiene issue. Especially with a permeable, potentially immune-suppressed subject.

Thats alot of flesh value decrease in a 24 hour span of time.

Can you describe the sequence of events per actual purchase? Did you see this frog, pick it, and see it go into the cup? Was it already in a cup? If so, how was it 'packed'.

Where did you have the cup on the way home? How long was the trip.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Im confused you state youve "seen it eat before.." before when? As you have only had it 24 hours.

We cant help you without accurate data.

You should Q the frog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts