Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The tank looks good. I love the tree buttress.
But I would move those lower broms to the top more. They will grow nicer. Also would look a ton more natural using more similar broms as opposed to a variety as you have there.
Maybe some vents or imis?
Or even some O. pumilio 'Cauchero' those would stand out like crazy in that viv!

Todd

·
Registered
725 Posts
dang man that looks awesome! and that stump looks eerily familiar..... :p

My vote is for imi's, but either way you did a very nice job! I'm proud that my tree went to a great looking home!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Very nice setup. I like what you did with the broms. I'd suggest some bold thumbnails for this setup or maybe some pums if you're up to it.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it. I was wanting to put some big frogs in there, but they wouldn't use much of the broms really.. so I was MAYBE thinking putting a pair of large species in, and a pair of maybe some imis or vents or something like that. This way it would almost be like 2 different environments: one up in the tree tops, and one on the forest floor. Eh just a thought though. I was thinking about putting a pair of my mancreeks in there, but I don't think they will look as good as vents or something because there is already a lot of red in the viv.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is not meant to be a mixing debate thread. I posted this to show you all a new tank I buit and am proud of. I'm not going to create little hybrid mutant frogs, don't worry guys.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it. I was wanting to put some big frogs in there, but they wouldn't use much of the broms really.. so I was MAYBE thinking putting a pair of large species in, and a pair of maybe some imis or vents or something like that. This way it would almost be like 2 different environments: one up in the tree tops, and one on the forest floor. Eh just a thought though. I was thinking about putting a pair of my mancreeks in there, but I don't think they will look as good as vents or something because there is already a lot of red in the viv.
I don't have much against responsible mixing but I think this tank is just too small for a group of frogs like that. :(

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel that this would be big enough for a pair of thumbs and a pair of tincs. There is quite a bit of vertical space which the thumbs will spend most of the time, while the 2 tincs will chill out on the bottom more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts