Not my best photo, but a little update on the tank as it progresses here. Couple things I've changed as its grown in. First is the addition of an Alocasia 'Tiny Dancers'behind the large ghostwood piece. The leucs seem to be a big fan of this one, as its cupped leaves are favorite perches of theirs.
I also pulled out an elevated planter that was against the back wall--in the future, I don't think I'll waste any time with those things, giving how many plants can successfully grow epiphytically with a bit of sphagnum. I've superglued a rather ugly piece of hygrolon in its place to conceal the unfinished foam. Trying to coax some oak leaf creeping fig to carpet it, may add some moss slurry when winter abates.
I've also planted two cuttings of philodendron micans (poor man's melanochrysum) against the back wall. Hoping to get those big iridescent leaves covering the background eventually. And I've added a neoregelia 'domino,' not yet visible, in the back right corner.
As this has grown in, I've come to realize that vivs (not all!) frequently look better with fewer plant species that compliment each other, instead of having 25+ random and colorful species, especially in a smaller setup like this. To that end, I've pulled a lot of the plants on the substrate level and am mostly replacing them with pilea 'moon valley' and hemigraphis repanda 'green' for a bit of textural contrast. Moon valley is one of my favorite terrestrials, though it seems to have a tendency to turn pale in the leaves, as you can see at left -- still trying to figure out what's causing that.
Closeup of NEHERP slurry growth, with all kinds of stuff growing out. Solanum ecuador cutting in foreground.