Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody,

After almost 15 years I'm back in the hobby...preparing terrariums of 150 (height)x80 (length)x60 (depth). I’ll pulpas first photos...right now in phase only of planting, stabilization of parameters...in the middle of summer (Cadiz, SPAIN). I'm maintaining T maxima of 29,5 peak at noon, although the normal is around 28. We will see what ratios it will reach in winter to have everything under control before putting the frogs in. Advice accepted!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hi, what species of Ranitomeya are you thinking about for the tank?

I have my Ranitomeya sirensis "Rio Pachitea yellow" in a tank that is (LxWxH) 30cmx45cmx90cm

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
I have 6 of them in that tank, based upon a recommendation from understory enterprises.
I had thought that your group of six could use a little more space, but I'm starting to reconsider. My original group of four that I have in an 18 x 18 x 24 is now about eight, and they are becoming noticably more bold; I'm curious to see how they act as the group size increases.

The only other change lately is that the ambient temp in my rep room has been higher than usual this summer (76F/24.5C) which may have something to do with it. @Paskui, 29.5C is pushing the upper end of temperatures, though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know. I’m only testing the tank. I don’t put the frogs till I could set the correct parameters. It will take months. Anyway it’s only a peak and the higher and maximum temp I’m reaching now (summer in south Spain) is around 27-28 at midday. Sorry for my English by the way.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I had thought that your group of six could use a little more space, but I'm starting to reconsider. My original group of four that I have in an 18 x 18 x 24 is now about eight, and they are becoming noticably more bold; I'm curious to see how they act as the group size increases.

The only other change lately is that the ambient temp in my rep room has been higher than usual this summer (76F/24.5C) which may have something to do with it. @Paskui, 29.5C is pushing the upper end of temperatures, though.
The advice from understory enterprises was that when a little more densely populated than people typically would do , that Ranitomeya sirensis seem to thrive, be more bold and have great group interactions.

Yeah I know. I’m only testing the tank. I don’t put the frogs till I could set the correct parameters. It will take months. Anyway it’s only a peak and the higher and maximum temp I’m reaching now (summer in south Spain) is around 27-28 at midday. Sorry for my English by the way.

You don't need to apologize for your English, it's better than a lot of people whose first language is English. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi Paskui,
it looks like an intersting project!
how are you planning to light up the tank ? 150cm is quite tall..
best regards
nick

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right now testing a LED bar by Arcadia (34W) and two 25W bulbs into a Exoterra canopy.

Planted only (not all the plants I want, only to check if they are doing well) 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New pics...details. Plants look fine so I ordered more to add. Next week I’ll upload new ones...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And now

working on handmade lianas, to put in the vivarium.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More pics...new spontaneous fungus. Tomorrow I we’ll receive more plants to continue with the project

IMG_6285.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk IMG_6284.jpg
IMG_6283.jpg
IMG_6281.jpg

1 - 20 of 57 Posts