Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At some point we all have the overwhelming desire to 'fix' something on our racks that really isn't broken. It always starts innocently.

Last night I was testing a fan in a tank. In order to apply power, I had to pull both timer power strips. I then had to pull a few plugs and relocate them to different sockets. I thought I was exercising sound judgment by only pulling 2 plugs at a time. After finally freeing up a socket which would allow the fan plug to fit, the fan still failed to power up. This lead to moving more cords around. The next I knew I was redoing both power strips, flipping tabs and flipping switches.

I awoke this morning at 4:30 and immediately recognized that something was horribly amiss. I walked down the hall to the frog room. WTH ! It looked like a flippin' rave. Lights were going on and lights were going off. Some fans were on while others turned on and off at random 30 second intervals.

To make matters worse, the Auratus had their little froggy boom box turned up way too loud. I recognized the song. Groove Is In The Heart by DeeLite. Really ? They are way too young to be bumping and grinding like that. One of them was even mixing drinks. And that's not all. 2 of them were smoking back behind the Aroids! There is NO SMOKING IN THE FROG ROOM!

The Leucs had Earth, Wind and Fire cranked. I think it was Serpentine Fire. With the male calling all the time, I was certain that they would be listening to Barry White. Is that a beer bong?

Even the bugs were raising Cain. The Giant Orange Isos had hauled a piece of cardboard over in the corner and were popping and locking. Talk about articulation! Bust a Move indeed!

The Springs were crunkin I think. It's hard to tell with those little short arms of theirs.

I finally got so frustrated with whole deal that I killed power to everything. Now I'll have to recreate the crime from scratch.

Not a good way to start the day.

·
Registered
446 Posts
LOL love it.. pop lock and drop it!
I did the same thing... woke up one night around 4ish to go to the bathroom and my lights are on. I have the round timers with the parts you push up or down. I had apparently kicked about half an hours worth up by accident.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
LOL love it.. pop lock and drop it!
I did the same thing... woke up one night around 4ish to go to the bathroom and my lights are on. I have the round timers with the parts you push up or down. I had apparently kicked about half an hours worth up by accident.
I have those timers too. They just arent that accurate but they do the job for about $4. I hate when a botton is pushed out of place or the cord mistakenly comes out the socket.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
LOL I also had my own timer screwup just yesterday Zoomie. What a pain! Good thing I have a sump because my misting system was on for a solid 15 minutes without me knowing :eek:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is why I use the MistKing timers, they have a backup battery.
Not a plug for MistKing just the way I fixed the problem.
Hilarious post Zoomie!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a tork timer and you basicly run you wires through the timer and it goes to a plug and then I have an overide switch so I can turn the lights on and off as I need to. in all a great timer. but the timer part. that adjusts by turning two nobbs and sometimes they get so loose and once they slid next to each other so theres like two minutes of dark and like 23 hours of light which my plants appreachiated

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
You crack me up! But why would you allow DeeLite in your house? That's part of your problem right there. Burn that crap and get em some Metallica!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Zoomie, your adventures always brighten my day! Now I've got to work on getting Groove Is In The Heart out of my head.

dum, dedo dedo de-dum,
dedo de-dum de diddyup,
dum, dedo dedo de-dum,
dedo de-dum de diddyup,
Grove is in the heaaaart......

Ugh, it's going to be a long day now.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
LOL I also had my own timer screwup just yesterday Zoomie. What a pain! Good thing I have a sump because my misting system was on for a solid 15 minutes without me knowing :eek:
I had my mistking timer plugged into to my reefkeeper powerstrip and for some reason the timer didnt like it and went crazy misting 4 gallons of water into all my tanks good thing i had drains.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Zoomie and Pumilo both got it wrong. We are talking FROGs here. And everyone knows that Frogs like Alice in Chains (wait for it) . . . . .

Wait . . . .

Wait . . . .

JAR OF FLIES!

cd-cover.jpg

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thank you for this! i'm sitting in my chair laughing my a** off!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts