Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a spectacular miniature epiphytic orchid. I suspect it would do really well in a viv. Has anyone tried it (in a viv)? I'd love to hear experiences or advice if anyone has some. (Pictures would be cool too :wink: )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Neofinetia falcata

I have been growing a neofinetia in my retic vivarium for a couple of months now. It is doing well. I thought that it might be a little wet. As with most epiphytic orchids, they like to dry out between waterings, and mine has remained continually damp to wet. The plant is growing though. It is placed fairly high in the viv where it receives plenty of light. The frogs seem to really like it as a perching spot as the roots shoot out in many directions. I will try to post a photo on my gallery page.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, yes please do get those pics up when you get a chance.

What sort of temps do you have in that setup? The reason I ask is some people seem to suggest it's an intermediate temperature plant where some say go a little cooler.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Neofinetia falcata

I have put a poor quality photo on my gallery page (lambdlth). I was unable to avoid any glare from the top of the aquarium. Hopefully, one day I will figure out how to attach a photo to my messages. You will see a temporary fastener holding the plant in place until it roots onto the cork bark. Just above the plant is one of the inhabitants scouting for flies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts