Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of these broms and one set out a pup from the side but the other has been sending them out from the axil.Has anyone else noticed this in their plants?
Mark

·
Registered
986 Posts
Mark Wilson said:
I have a couple of these broms and one set out a pup from the side but the other has been sending them out from the axil.Has anyone else noticed this in their plants?
Mark
My Neo. liliputiana has yet to pup, but I have seen the stolons emerge from between leaf axils on several other Neos that I have. As the mother plant gets older, it seems that the stolons emerge from higher and higher on the plant and the mother plant seems to deteriorate at the base and works its way upward.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is basically how it has grown. I have had it in the viv for about 1 1/2 years and have gottne 3 broms from it.All but one has come from inside the axil.
Mark

·
Registered
986 Posts
Mark, was yours pretty close to full size when you first received it? I have had mine for about 2 years now without flowering (and, of course, no offsets), but it was very small when I first received it.

Have you had any experience with N. liliputiana x fireball? That is another brom that I cannot suggest enough. It is not as fast to reproduce as fireball, but the color, size, and form are spectacular!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts