Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was hoping that those of you with uber neo brom experience could list off a few of the most ultra micro brom species/varieties? The reason I ask here is that I think the full grown dimensions listed on the supplier's websites are probably not always accurate (i.e. they get bigger than they say they do)

I have a 29 Gallon paludarium and space is VERY limited, so I'd like to know the absolute smallest neo varieties, speaking in terms of size when fully mature. Ideally would be under 4" x 4" if there is such a brom.

I did just get an offset of Chiquita Linda, which I am pretty sure doesn't get too large.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Chiquita Linda, any ampullacea clone, wee willy, small fry, tiger cub, popcorn, cheers, caviar,

·
Registered
493 Posts
i've always been told liliputina is the smallest. I have a few any they are tiny but no other tiny broms to compare it too

·
Registered
701 Posts
N. Babe is pretty small too.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Heres my N. Lilliputiana when it was in bloom. That lens cover is only 2 1/4" diameter, so they are damn tiny. The pups are so small its actually comical. My new pup is overflowing after 2 drops of water :p

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
There's a lot of others that are slightly larger than what you are asking for too if you find the extra room. I'm pretty impressed with tropicalantz.com and the way they have pics and sizes for all their broms. Worth checking out for sure if for no other reason than to ge some more ideas. All sizes listed seem consistent with my experiences

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
lilliputiana is used as a parent for many hybrids. many of the small broms available have some lilliputiana in them . chiquita linda, for instance, is a lilliputiana fireball cross.

james

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I have a question for those experienced with tiny broms. Are the smaller ones too small for a thumbnail to raise a tad in? I ask because I run my thumbnail vivs primarily brom-less to make tad collection easier. I would love to be able to add some of these minis if I knew that my frogs couldn't be depositing tads in them.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Most of these tiny ones hold no water, so are useless for tad rearing, just for accenting the Viv.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts