Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had switched my leucs fully to bean beetles from hydei for a few weeks, because fly production was a little low, and I have way more beetles than I know what to do with. The leuc viv has been infested with nemerteans for over a year and a half, to the point that each day when I come into the room, I'd see dozens on the glass despite removing visible nemerteans frequently. About a week after feeding bean beetles I started seeing a marked decline in nemerteans. It has now been nearly a week since I saw my last visible nemertean. This is exciting for me, though I doubt they will ever be completely gone. I wonder if I can now get some microfauna reestablished? I'm afraid that might just get the nemertean population booming again because they'll have a food source.

Reactions: Gamble

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
If there isn't an acceptable food on the glass or elsewhere, I suspect that they would go back into the substrate... I think as soon as you start feeding fruit flies again, you'll start seeing the nemerteans again....

Ed

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly, I am sure you are correct. It's at least a little nicer looking for me for now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Danny,

Any luck with dealing with these little f#$%s? I just found 2 and had been wondering why I hadn't seen springtails since I kept putting some in there. I just thought my terribs were pigs (which they are).

-Diego

1 - 4 of 4 Posts