Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my first two eggs, of D. Tinctorius. They'r in film canister, saw a male couple of times sitting there &, I think so, gaurding them. The clutch is about 10 days old. Recently i found some white worms in jelly.
Main suspect is that it's nematodes in the jelly. I got the point if the eggs are nor fertilized, they can appear in it and won't harm, but still i'm very concerned.
The worms are about 2-5mm and thin as hair.
What are your suggestions? Just utilize the clutch because it's not fertilized or this worms can be real threat for frogs / eggs?
Numbers 1, 2 are the eggs. On some photoes worms are clearly seen.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
They look like harmless Nematodes to me. I'm afraid those eggs don't look like they are going to take for you though.:( Don't worry, sometimes it takes a few tries before they get it right. Soon enough, you'll find yourself watching tads!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I know frogs needs some attempts & i'm not in a hury :eek: Just want to minimise parasites or dangers, if any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.