Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a problem. My vittatus tank has a clay background and part is wet and falling off I need to take the clay off and put new clay on and remove the the thing causeing it. The big problem being my collar bone is broken so It will take me 3 times as long to fix its= and Im worried the frogs will get out. Whats the safest and easiest possible way to get the frogs out without putting stress on them and then were should I put them during the construction I wouldnt be to worried its just my female is ready to explode with her third clutch

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'd say carefully net them with a damp aquarium ner and put them in a plastic tub with some sphagnum moss on the bottom and some hides and plant cuttings. but then again i don't have any frogs yet and have only woorked with fish and reptiles.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Do you have any empty fruit fly type containers? If so, maybe scoop them up into there. How many frogs? If only a couple, maybe could leave them in the container for a bit with some damp paper towel or moss and some plant clippings.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
A clear tube like those on undergravel aquarium filters make handy frog capturing devices as they can be slowly placed over the frog making sure that it doesn't pin the frog to the substrate (Or wider tubes if you can find them). The frog is then coaxed up the tube and then removed from the tank. The one end of the tube can be plugged with some plastic wrap and held down with some duct tape (given that you have only one working arm at the moment). The whole tube can be placed into the holding container with the frog in it.

Ed

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys Im gonna try and get my buddy to help me after school iT shouldnt be that difficult though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts