Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the other day in a panic over my frogs behaviour so as you may have guessed these are my first frogs and I've not had them long.

So, This may be a daft question but here we go anyway. While feeding my frogs just now I was holding the culture pot over the viv and tapping flies in when I dropped the pot. I quickly grabbed it out but a big chunk of ff media had rolled out, maggots and all. Next thing I know the frogs are going crazy eating the maggots and ingesting big lumps of ff media along with them.

Is this ok? Will eating large amounts of ff media harm them? The stuff reeks so I expected them to spit it out or vomit but in fact they just ate more and seem untroubled by it so far. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is a stressful hobby.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the swift replies folks. I can breathe a sigh of relief now.

As for dusting, I have been doing so. It was just that I had guests over and just wanted to show them how the frogs hunt down the flies as I think It's amazing to watch.

On the subject of dusting though, I asked in my local pet shop if they had a suitable product and they gave me repashy calcium plus for tree frogs. I explained that I was keeping darts and the guy told me they would have very similar dietary requirements and the products for darts were more than likely identical to those for tree frogs just branded differently.

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The repashy supplement I have says that it contains multi vitamins including vit a and d3. Do I still need to get another multivitamin? If so is there any particular brand you recommend?

Just a thought, but after seeing how much the frogs liked those maggots, would pinkie maggots (don't know what you call them in the states) ie fishing bait be suitable to feed to them? I'd be a bit wary I think seeing as they feed off meat but maybe the protein in them would be beneficial. What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.