Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just started redoing my 20 gallon today, ill be putting in my 2 young D.Auratus, the background is tree fern root and there is a large peace cypress wood that looks like the stump of a tree, i have a small Alocasia 'Elaine' already planted, i collected a some small epyphitic ferns that i saw growing on a rock by my house for anothe tank, sould i put them in or put someting elts in, i also have 1 of 2 different Neoregelia kinds (not sure witch), so what elts should i put in?
thax :D

G

·
I've let my Ficus pumila kind of take over my Auratus tank. I keep it cut back in places to let the moss get light, but the frogs seem to love it. Its like having living leaf litter in the tank. My Auratus were quite shy at first, but now that the creeping fig has grown out they are always out and hunting ffs. There are a couple of pics in my gallery if you have a minute to take a look. Good luck.

G

·
i think the ferns are great, what size do they get when fully grown?
i would suggest some selaginella plants and maybe a peperomia of some sort. maybe one that has strong thick leaves but is still mostly an epiphyte. like the japonica.

also, i wouldn't invest in the creeping fig as it's a bear to maintain and really takes over the other plants.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just ordered some stuff from black jungle, i got: Selaginella sp.1 (a very new veriaty),Polypodium species (a vineing epyphitic fern), i did get a creeping fig but it is very small and i will cut it back when it gets out of hand, i herd you can grow it as a tree has anyone every done this?, Rhaphidophora tetrasperma(a vineing plant that looks a lot like the swiss cheese plant but is much smaller) and a couple more Neoregelia
thanks for the sugestions

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the ferns i collected are from 4-6 inchs, thats as big as iv seen them

G

·
i hope you paid less then 4.00 for your selaginella, cloud jungle and i have more of a selection.

sounds great, i love small ferns, ours get 4fett around here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was going to get them from cloud jungle, they have such a large selection, it would have taken me days just to go therough them all, the epyphitc ferns are the only samll ones around here (northern NJ) all the terestreal sp? are atlest 2 feet tall,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts