Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased 4 orange lamasi frogs and i hav'nt seen them at all lately. i quarentined them for a couple weeks and they were all eating very well. i have read they are a very shy frog at first but its been over a month in there new tank and ive only seen one out at a time here and there. the humidity is perfect and ive been feeding dusted flys which seem to be getting eaten up. i was wondering if anyone who has these frogs experienced this when they first got theirs. any feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
My experience is that O Lamasi are very shy. I had one that I was taking care of for someone else. I saw him the day I put him in the tank and didn't see him again until the day the guy came by to pick up his frog, months later.

Kept putting flies in the tank, just in case he was still in there. That turned out to be a good decision :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what ive heard. im hoping they will come around soon and ill start seeing them more. they're such a nice frog and i hate not seeing them.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Check in the mornings, especially when their light is still off but there is some ambient light in the room.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My green legged sirensis are semi-shy. They seem quite crepuscular and I usually have good luck seeing them around that time which is when the male likes to call as well. In the day it seems they delve under the leaf litter hunting. But I agree that I rarely see all three at the same time, and not too often more than one and sometimes none at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info guys. the tank is 20 vert with lots of plant coverage, and i mist daily. ill try the banana and see what happens. i feed every day in the same spot but still nothing. there is one that i tend to see very early in the morning around the same spot every time before the lights come on. thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got 2.2 and they hang out on the walls and on the leaves of the plants all the time and are in plain site when I look in there. I think it is just a matter of time when I first got mine they were hidden a lot but as the tank grew in they became very bold. Its hard to feed them without them trying to jump out. From everything I read I use a big leaf pothos plant and packed it in the cage. From my experience with them they like their planting very dense and it makes them feel more secure. Just my thought and experience with these guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all your comments. the tank is still growing in and hopefully they'll start coming out more. i have seen them early in the morning before the lights come on under the leaf litter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts