Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently broke down my last 20 long Vivarium due it failed on me. The plants died, as well as my 3 frogs :(, but still have one. Now im looking to completly redo it and use a 36 bow front tank. My question is how can i create a better Vivarium which my plants survive. and how can i make a waterfall will a resecess pool at the end of it and filter it back out. PLEASE HELP?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Welcome to the board first and foremost. Now down to business. Make use of the search function at the top of the page. Look up the following and read several of the threads to start. When you are done post more specific questions.

Drainage layer
False bottom
Waterfall

My two cents is to avoid a waterfall all together. Waterfalls are not necessary for your frogs and in the long run usually cause more problems then any tangible benefits for your viv or your frogs.

·
Registered
610 Posts
couldn't agree more about the waterfall. It took me two tanks before I figured that one out.

Allright my young friend a couple of things going on here. I think the first thing we need to do is find out why the frogs died. I get the impression there may have been some issues because both plants and frogs died. We need to find out what went wrong so we can correct it so it does not happen again. So....what can you tell us about the other tank specifically:

Temperature range
Humidity
Light
substrate
and the source of any plants or soils used in the viv

Also what where you feeding them, how often and what were you dusting with? Before you start building a new tank we need to find out what went wrong with the old one. If you have pictures great please post them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts