Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get any dart frogs I need to know when and how often they call. The tank will be in my familyroom and my wife is worried that they will make noise all the time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Depends on which frogs you get. I never hear my Tinc, Azureus, Galacs or Vents and the Leucs call is very nice and not very loud. I wouldn't think any would be a problem.

Tim

PS - You can check out various call on Ben Green's Website - http://www.thechocohut.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TimsViv said:
Depends on which frogs you get. I never hear my Tinc, Azureus, Galacs or Vents and the Leucs call is very nice and not very loud. I wouldn't think any would be a problem.

Tim

PS - You can check out various call on Ben Green's Website - http://www.thechocohut.com/
That's the site that got me in trouble! I was listening to the different calls and the wife walks up and says "Are they gonna do that all the time?" Of course my answer was "I hope so." Wrong answer! :D

Leucs are my first choice and I like their call. Do they call all day or just at certain times?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Those calls are fairly amplified, you're really not going to hear any of them outside of the tank, with the exception of the leucs.

My leuc only calls right after the misting system goes off.

Tim

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have my vents in the living room and one male calls as long as the lights are on most of the time and the same for my partners almirnate that male sounds like a little barking dog that needs a choker j/k but he goes non-stop. All of my other frogs really never call much or I dont hear them.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Drakken said:
That's the site that got me in trouble! I was listening to the different calls and the wife walks up and says "Are they gonna do that all the time?" Of course my answer was "I hope so." Wrong answer! :D

Leucs are my first choice and I like their call. Do they call all day or just at certain times?
My leucs mostly call in the morning and late evening. During the day I almost never hear them calling. And they are not as loud as the recorded call on the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts