Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I shall quickly explain the situation.

I have a terrarium that's 45 x 45 x 45 (cm). I have a quite big pond in it, it's false bottom.

I will put a pair of Dendrobates tinctorius azureus in there. Beacause of the big pond I was wondering if I could also add one or a pair of newts, it's just an idea I don't mean to force it. I was thnking about few species Cynops ensicauda ensicauda or popei, Lissotriton montandoni, Triturus marmoratus and Cynops pyrrhogaster.

I did a research but I could not find a straight answear. I know that there are issues, such as temperature and toxins...

I read that Cynops pyrrhogaster (fire belly) can easily tolarate higher temperatures, but would they be ok with azureus, or should I say would azureus be ok with them as I really want to go for azureus ?

Can anybody give me an advice, I would just like to get some info on the topic.

Kind Regards

Henry

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hello,
I did a research but I could not find a straight answear. I know that there are issues, such as temperature and toxins...
Henry, I think that quote already answers your question...... it CAN be done but you'd be gambling with the health of your animals. Use the search function for 'mixing' and you'll find plenty of other reasons that it isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
As a side note, an 18 cube doesn't really have the footprint to provide what many would consider adequate living space for a pair of tinctorius when coupled with a "quite big pond." Standing water features are rarely a good idea for dart frogs (particularly terrestrial dart frogs) in such a small tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts