Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help locating a part for the plumbing on my 120gal tank. What I am trying to find (for the past 3+ weeks) is a Y nipple (hose barb) that is 1"x1/2"x1". What I mean by that is I need one of the top parts of the Y to be 1" and the other 1/2" and the bottom to be 1". Reason being is my main canister filter has a 1" fitting and my other filter and UV sterilizer are 1/2".

When I am plumbing this together trying to utilize pvc parts it is making the hard plumbing way to long and I am going to have a hell of a time trying to get my flow to work properly. I will post some pics later tonight so people can get a better visual of what I am asking just incase my wording does not make sense. ;)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Maybe not a possibility but an idea, upsize at the uv from a 1/2 to a 1 atthe unit and then run it all in 1"... Maybe easier?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't think you are going to find a perfect match for the fitting you need. you're going to have to get a little creative. I suggest reducing bushing on one end then you can just thread in a 1/2 inch threaded bard fitting. On the other two ends just use an adapter from 1" solvent to 1" threaded and use 1" threaded barbs. You can get everything you need at McMaster Carr or Grainger.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input everyone, I believe you are all correct on not being able to find that exact fitting. I will just have to be a little more creative with the pvc fitting. I will look through McMaster Carr and Grainger's websites to see if I can find something and also head back to Home Depot and see what they have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts