Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone name their frogs? I do, and was hoping people would share the names and a pic of the frog? I will start with my Fav frog, "Steiner" a Tinc(Cobalt).

JBear

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have only "named" four of my frogs and that was because I wasn't sure they were all still alive. I started looking at the patterns on their backs and described them by what I saw, Spot, Stripe, Small peanut, large peanut. I thought for sure I had lost a couple because Small peanut was the only one I saw for about a month.

btw, small peanut is not small at all, it is first to the food every day.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only "named" four of my frogs and that was because I wasn't sure they were all still alive. I started looking at the patterns on their backs and described them by what I saw, Spot, Stripe, Small peanut, large peanut. I thought for sure I had lost a couple because Small peanut was the only one I saw for about a month.

btw, small peanut is not small at all, it is first to the food every day.
I am glad the others turned up! What species? Any pics?

Thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is "AC, and "DC", my 2 Bicolors, LMAO!

(NO offense intended...)

JBear

Attachments

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
995 Posts
after 11 frogs, and more on the way...i dont bother...infact the only animals in my house with names, are my dog and my bird...i don't bother with naming herps...they don't learn it, and then i have to try to remember who's who [and it's not easy telling 6 anthonyi apart]...

bit when i am asked, my answer is:

for the leucomelas, ''leuc'' ''o'' ''melas''
azureus, ''az'' ''ureus''
anthonyi, ''an'' ''th'' ''on'' ''yi'' ''sal'' ''vias''

of course a say all that jokingly...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
after 11 frogs, and more on the way...i dont bother...infact the only animals in my house with names, are my dog and my bird...i don't bother with naming herps...they don't learn it, and then i have to try to remember who's who [and it's not easy telling 6 anthonyi apart]...
Soo true lol.... the funny thing is, the males are almost easier to differentiate by sound than by looks.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I don't name mine per say, but I do have one of those mini notebooks with all of my adult frogs listed & named by their defining features... pretty similar to what camlov posted about. It's more for general husbandry purposes though, it helps me keep track of their individual health.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here is "Vit[t]ali", and "Vittamir"!
JBear
Vitaliy - correct spelling of russian name.
Titomir - correct spelling of russian surname.

Think you got preconception for your frogs ;)

Reactions: jbherpin

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vitaliy - correct spelling of russian name.
Titomir - correct spelling of russian surname.

Think you got preconception for your frogs ;)
Named after the famed Russian Boxing Champion brothers, of course... Species is P. vittatus...

JBear

·
Registered
259 Posts
My daughter names all my frogs. But I named my pair of E Anthonyi.

Tony and Isabel. They like to have lots of babies so I don't think my daughter will be! able to name them all.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I have a male leuc named "Cool Hand" Leuc. I'm sure it's been done before but it's still funny to me.
I like it! I'll have to use this if I ever get another male luec. Another name for a luec that I like that I got from this websited is luec skywalker (someone's screen name).

As far as naming frogs go I won't name it unless I am absolutely certain of it's sex. For instance the only frog that I have named is Kermit (you know the frog from muppets), a male luec. Got five more froglets I'll be naming eventually. I name them more for guests checking out my frogs, than for myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am glad the others turned up! What species? Any pics?

Thanks!

JBear
They are green and black auratus. I could only find one picture (in focus) that I have taken lately.
"stripe" on the left (stripe from shoulder to shoulder)
"small peanut" in the back
"spot" half in the picture on the right

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They don't like peanut butter, rawhide, biscuits, cat nip, beggin strips or even string..and every time I try to hold a fruit fly out in my fingers it doesn't seem to appeal to them.

Ed
The rare joke from Ed! Take a moment to appreciate it everyone! LMAO!

JBear

1 - 20 of 47 Posts