Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firts off; I am new to frogging. I have always been fond of frogs and when my cousen brought me over a terrium unit an idea flashed in my mind. I decided that after 2 snakes and a lizard, I want frogs! It is a round plastic terrium just over 10g. Because I am new, I do not know if this is going to work. I dont exactly know where to start.
1. Should I plan to siphon off the excess water once a week, because there is no drain in the terrium?vivarium. Or is there a substrate that will allow me to not have to remove and replace?
2. temperature is a problem because it would be ackward to try heating my setup. I want a frog that will be healthy in average temp, anywhere between 18 - 24 degrees (my bedroom is coldest in the winter and hottest in the summer). Mantellas require less heat, would it be practical to keep them without any heating?
3. Will indirect sunlight be sufficient?
[/img]

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Nice to see you over here. :D

I saw the pic you posted at that other board, so I took the liberty of posting it here for you. Hope you don't mind, but it helps if everyone could see it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks, I could not figure out how post a pic. Im trying to get all the information i can; herd that helps a little.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Right over the part where you type the body of your post, there's a button called Img. It basically puts short HTML tags in the post. Hit it, then paste the URL of your pic, the hit the button again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here it is

still without plants.... have to work on that. Does this seem good for 3 mantella frogs? is is just ovet a 10 gallon tank. I like that it has lots of floor space and vertical height. Plants, i have a few cuttings from my moms english ivy that are being prepared for planying in water, but dont know what else to do, or even if that ivy will prosper in the vivarium. That would be kinda inexpensive. Thinking peace lilly, or pothos. a bromeliad would be nice but then i would need light and they probily cost a lot...
still without plants.... have to work on that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think you will need a light for almost any plant you put in there. It does not have to be a huge expensive one. I would check out the ahsupply.com and possibly put two 13 watt CF lights over the top. The circular design may prove to be a difficult but it will look awesome when you are done. Keep us posted on the progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts