Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been frequenting this site for almost a year now, so I thought it was about time I posted pics of my tank. At the moment, I only have the following available:

It's a 55 gallon that's about a year old. Only 2/3 of the tank are shown in the pic. It's my first and (so far) only large tank, and it houses 6 Costa Rican G&B auratus. I also have a simple 10 G housing froglets that are the progeny of the adults in the 55 gallon. It's not the fanciest setup, but I'm happy with how it has grown in. And one more pic I think members of this board would appreciate:

Rough skinned newt I found in a fern canyon along the northern California coast. There were 6 or 7 of them in the same area. They didn't seem to care too much that I was there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plant on the background is creeping fig. I was amazed at how quickly that stuff grew. My favorite plant in the tank is the Macodes petola orchid in the middle, toward the back. It's kind of hard to see it in the picture since the heart fern is obstructing it, but its leaves look like they have electricity running through them. I wasn't sure how well it would do back when I first planted it, but so far it has thrived. Java moss eventually took over the carpet moss I laid down originally, but I've actually come to like its appearance quite a bit. Thanks for the feedback :) I'm looking forward to trying new things once I can afford to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mt favorites the Newt 8) I wonder if you can get those. Ive never seen one before like that. Oh and the tanks fantastic. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone :) Yeah, the newt was one of the coolest things I saw on that entire trip. Pwat, I think I got my java moss from floridadriftwood.com. There are lots of other places you can get it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts