Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well almost I have it up and going except for plants and frogs. Today it stayed at around 87% humidity and 73 F with the lights off. I just received the tracking # for the plants from Joshs Frogs, they will be here tomorrow. Now time for the FF. If all goes well maybe I can get some frogs at Repticon in ATL next month. Here is a list of the plants I ordered anything I need to look out for?

Peperomia Trinervula
Pilea 'Baby Tears'
Wandering Jew Bolivian
Hoya panchoi
Krauss' Gold Spikemoss
Black Rabbit's Foot Fern
Button Fern
Neoregelia Fireball x punctatissima
Neoregelia Hot Pink
Small Neoregelia
Dischidia nummularia
Oncidium Twinkle
Mini-cattleya

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
In my experience, "baby tears" just gets really leggy and unattractive in vivs. You have some leaf litter I hope? Doesn't matter if you like it or not. It's for the frogs!
Start your fruit fly cultures now so you get a bit of experience before you get your frogs. What kind of frogs are you looking for?
Grats and welcome to the addiction!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am going to get started with the cultures ASAP. I am looking at 3 luecs to start off with. I have the substrate froms Joshes and almonds leaves and some others mixed in for the leaf litter. I will watch the baby tears, I do want it to look good.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sounds like you have done some good research. You did not mention what size tank you have. I am guessing by your plant list it may be bigger then a 10g. If you end up getting young frogs or even adults that have been raised together, you might consider setting up a simple 10g for a couple of months for a quarantine period, with leaf litter, some inexpensive plants, simple substrate.

Doing this will give you a chance to get to know your frogs, gauge who is eating and how much etc. You can run some fecal tests if you choose, and it something goes wrong with any of your new guys you will not have to tear down your tank, that no doubt, you have worked hard on.

In anycase welcome to lots fun with your dart frogs (and plants ..they are almost as fun)!
Sally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.