Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Looks good Ed. You can mix things up on your next one by spiraling a smaller diameter rope around the larger one before you coat them.

Reactions: Edhurl

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had some left over kitty litter clay, dried it and crushed it into powder added a couple handfuls of it to a half gallon of coco husk and then I rubbed black silicone onto rope and dipped it into my mix

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had some left over kitty litter clay, dried it and crushed it into powder added a couple handfuls of it to a half gallon of coco husk and then I rubbed black silicone onto rope and dipped it into my mix

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking. I haven't done any vines myself yet but I have seen people do it like that. They actually look really cool with several different diameters, right down to heavy twine. Then you mix up all the different vines in your viv.

·
Registered
841 Posts
my 2c on the matter is that if you can find a dark brown nylon twine or rope you are way ahead of the curve. on the ones i made any spot where the coating rubbed off shows off the white nylon. one rope i used was brown poly and it is much less of a problem with that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts