Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is what I've been working on the past few weeks, and am finally done. Just need to add substrate and plants now...

The Two 20H's

And a cool one (IMO) my 20L vert with homemade branches and vines:

For my 20L I think I'm going with Super Tiger Legs, but I want to make sure whatever I get can get themselves out of the water bottom. I built a filter box and plan on adding drift wood for both beauty and a raft in case someone falls.

Now, the two 20H's are for an arboreal pdf but I can't quite decide. Both will be brom dominated... suggestions on inhabitants?

EDIT: Sorry about the lighting on the 20L and the pictures not being flipped, but these give you an idea!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Agreed I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of these. Especially the second viv.

Reactions: Wallace Grover

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I need some help scaping the two 20H's. I think I want to do some wandering jew and peperomia vining between the broms in one, but beyond that I have NO idea. Any ideas?

They're gonna have ABG mix on the bottom, and house imitators or similar (ie vents or lamasi)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've always loved vrisea splendens. Adds nice color.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
What's the PVC pipe for, and what kinda lighting are you rockin' there ?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

What's the PVC pipe for, and what kinda lighting are you rockin' there ?
The pipe is to support the wood, I thought great stuff would compress under the weight and eventually give me a bland flat log, so I added the PVC pipe.

I'm using a 65 Watt Lithonia Lights CFL Floodlight (one for each 20H, the 20L Idk what Imma use though)

EDIT: Ahhh, I wanna give thanks to everyone but I'm not sure if that would be overboard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts