Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I've been keeping two Varaderos for the past two years and I'd like to start posting here! Below are some pictures of my enclosure, my frogs, and their offspring. I've had really good luck with keeping this species as my first frogs, and Id like to share.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some more recent photos of the frogs and their tank. The tank has changed a fair bit since it's construction, namely in terms of plants and a new light (Finnex Planted+ 24/7).

I was originally running the tank on a DIY raspberry-pi based touch display/timer/thermostat/hygrostat that I coded in python. In the end, the tank was so stable that I decided to forego that complicated mess, as it was essentially sitting idle for weeks at a time. Now, all of the automated tasks (misting, lights, water feature) are controlled with timers or built in functionality of the individual devices.

These days there is an automated mister (monsoon r400) running on an interval, and the light is cycling on it's own 24/7 ramp up and down schedule. The water feature runs constantly, and the system is topped up with water monthly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.