Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That's great! How often do you get to see soooo many tads, in one room I'm guessing! I bet that was a cool trip. Mike (my fiance) has been to Sean Stewarts before but I have never gotten to go to a dart breeder facility. Anyway, are the cups in the bottom pics how they raise tads once they are out of the egg? They just each get their own small cup, like the disposable kind you would use on a picnic? Thanks for sharing. :D

-Shelley

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not very good with computers and I felt lucky that I was able to get them from film onto here and I dont know how to resize them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Its always good to see how others handle the tadpole-rearing process.
I currently have over 150 tads (azureus, alanis, brazil yellowheads and cobalts) and keep mine in 1x3" white plastic "bin cups"--those used to put nuts and bolts in. When the tads get some size on them, I transfer them to larger 3x5 colored bin cups; each color specific to the type of frog.
Cleanup used to be a struggle as the right angle corners of the cups were hard to clean--I found that by soaking them a weak bleach solution for a few days removes all the offending stuff.
Regards,
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts