Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planted a new viv and stuck in a wandering jew i found mostly dead for 97 cents at Walmart. It was the purple and silver type and it was pretty. I went on vacation for ten days. I came back. My WJ IS SOOOO PURPLE I JUST HAD TO SHOW IT OFF. Its also already taking over the viv... oh well, at least the garg won't be able to kill it:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL I have not yet made the purple viv, but I think I still will. I need to find purple isopods. And a purple frog.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i picked up a peice of this stuff at lowes one day that was cut off of a plant by a wheel on a cart. I took it home sterilized it and threw it in my viv. It grows like crazy be prepared to trim alot.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You should put some of those Purple Vampire Crabs in there, and then lay a bottle of Grape Nehi down as decoration, man, we could have fun with the purple theme!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i could make my first water feature if I got the purple crabs. hehe. what do they eat? Can i feed them dead things?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The wandering jew will take over fast.
I had to pull it out of one of my viv's because it was practicaly pushing the top up.
Just watch it closely.

Beth

·
Registered
210 Posts
Vampire crabs are scavengers and can be housed in a very similar viv to darts. They eat ff, small crickets, veggies, fish food. Just make sure they have ay least a dish of water. just make sure your water feature is easy to clean out. The water can get foulef pretty easily. Another cool thing is their young hatch fully formed.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very nice. We have had great success with this plant as well. It's nice to have something so easy to keep be so colorful.
It does grow quickly though, so be ready to trim it frequently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts