Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the boards and wanted to show my two tanks I have setup so far(for dartfrogs at least) these are the in situ amazonia tanks, they're awesome. I just upgraded my 3 Azureus tincs to the vivarium on the left about a month ago. I just finished setting up the viv on the right about two weeks ago. Thinking to put imitators in there.
Thanks for viewing!

20210208_185300.jpg

·
Registered
Dendrobates Tinctorus “Azureus”, Epipedobates Anthonyi “Santa Isabel”, and also myself.
524 Posts
Welcome to the board! One thing though, the left terrarium is lacking leaf litter. I would suggest putting a layer of it in there. Other then that, they look pretty good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was your overall opinion of the In Situ setups?
I think theyre really cool. Very well made and fast service. The only thing I wish they had, were more of a bottom to them, they're very shallow. But the design is perfect for dart frogs. I have yet to own a custom built tank, but I plan to get two from a local who makes them, since I don't trust myself to build them yet lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
Very nice. :)

I upsized one of my imitator pairs into an Amazonia recently, and they really are doing well in it. Perfect size for a pair.

Reactions: Beesfroggos

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think theyre really cool. Very well made and fast service. The only thing I wish they had, were more of a bottom to them, they're very shallow. But the design is perfect for dart frogs. I have yet to own a custom built tank, but I plan to get two from a local who makes them, since I don't trust myself to build them yet lol.
I looked into building my own but glass locally was absurdly expensive, I'm not sure why but I can't seem to get it at rates other builders do. Maybe asking glass shops was the wrong idea? Maybe they are quoting the wrong glass?

Thanks for the feedback on the In Situ. What did you use as your substrate in these?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, Those will fill in very nicely! Great job, do you dabble in aquarium world?
Yupp, I had a few tanks a while back, just downsized to one tank now it just holds a baby musk turtle, a few amazon swords, and java ferns at the moment, I'll eventually upgrade again to a bigger tank as he gets bigger. I have a photo on my insta of it, which is the same as my username.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can tell from your hard scape lol great job I’ll check out your Instagram!
I wouldn’t mind getting back into aquarium stuff, I really would like a tank with Congo tetras! One day,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful set-ups. Where did you get that wood and what is it exactly?
Thanks I got the wood from Ever Evolving Exotics here in Tucson. They had such a huge variety. I think it's manzanita, bogwood and mopani in there as well? I forgot what he told me tho, I just grabbed what looked best tbh haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful tanks! Are you using a mesh for the wall coverings? What are you using for the misting and ventilation systems? And lastly, how do you keep the plants attached to the wood? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful tanks! Are you using a mesh for the wall coverings? What are you using for the misting and ventilation systems? And lastly, how do you keep the plants attached to the wood? Thanks in advance.
For the back walls I use expanding foam, then hygrolon fiber over it. I want to eventually get a mistking system, but I got this one called oiibo off amazon that has been working good for me. For the broms I usually just find a crevice that fits them in to the wood nicely. Otherwise you can use fishing line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts