·
Registered
98 Posts
55 gallon
Second vivarium ever.
i took some advice and that huge cork tube with no plants
The entire back if that cork is a cave that run the entire length of the tank
This will be for 4 or 5 standard leuks
I am far from experienced myself but the only thing I notice is that there should be a thick layer of leaf litter. Beautiful tank tho! I think they'll be happy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am far from experienced myself but the only thing I notice is that there should be a thick layer of leaf litter. Beautiful tank tho! I think they'll be happy
Yep you are absolutely correct. I watered the plants in pretty heavy so i wanted to let it dry up a bit before i toss more leaf litter in

thanks!

·
Registered
Dendrobates Leucomelas
191 Posts
I agree with lots more litter. I like your plant placement too. Is that a Maidens Hair Fern at the front left? I like whichever plant that is.
I'm looking forward to see this one come to maturity like the other one you had.
I'm still a fledgling in this hobby. I established on January 30, 2021 leucs added April 29, 2021. I seem to have lot a tank mate. No sign of him for a month.
I would like to add more for a total of 5/6 standard leucs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with lots more litter. I like your plant placement too. Is that a Maidens Hair Fern at the front left? I like whichever plant that is.
I'm looking forward to see this one come to maturity like the other one you had.
I'm still a fledgling in this hobby. I established on January 30, 2021 leucs added April 29, 2021. I seem to have lot a tank mate. No sign of him for a month.
I would like to add more for a total of 5/6 standard leucs.

Yes it is a maiden hair fern! I really like it.
it got lots of leaf litter this morning this morning I was just letting the soil dry up just a touch before i added it back in. I over misted a bit when I planted.
I’m shooting for 6 in this tank there is a lit of hiding and plenty room

·
Registered
Dendrobates Leucomelas
191 Posts
In my opinion I think 6 is a good number.

Once all of the plants establish that should provide ample cover. I would ad a few more hiding spots with cork rounds or the like for them to feel safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my opinion I think 6 is a good number.

Once all of the plants establish that should provide ample cover. I would ad a few more hiding spots with cork rounds or the like for them to feel safe.

Thanks. As for hiding spots the entire back of the tank is hollow. That big center cork is actually a round The pic is looking from inside the tank behind the cork you think i still need a little more hiding ?

·
Registered
Dendrobates Leucomelas
191 Posts
Yes. I would suggest adding more for individual hiding for that number of frogs. I offered several nooks, crannies, and some cork rounds.

I attached a picture where this one enjoys this hollow.

Others might want to weigh-in on this with opinions.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
Thats a great photo of a leuc with a fun life.

There is probably a much more scientific way of describing diverse tactile, spatial, visual input that emboldens activity, security and inquisitive forage but the word Fun deserves that upgrade and a leuc is the perfect frog to champion it.

Reactions: GEG64

·
Registered
Dendrobates Leucomelas
191 Posts
Thanks Kmc!
He is really entertaining. He does seem to enjoy his habitat as he explores the entire viv.

Unfortunately before his tank mate went missing they stuck together. But, he has been MIA since May 11th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts