Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new protean terrariums have arrived and I wanted to post some pics of the awesome packing job that Jason did. I recieved 34 terrariums on two pallets. The tanks are beautiful and everything is just like I imagined they be like. I'll be updating pics on my frogroom tread this weekend. I have already started building 4 tanks and should be up to 8-10 being built by Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll post more once I resize them on my computer...currently I'm working on my wife's Mac and not liking it.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
George how fruit fly proof are they?

Ed

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure I haven't put the doors on yet. By Tuesday I'll have some of them setup completey and we'll see.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When all is said and done I'll have (16) 30 G cubes, (15) 20 G cubes and (6) 40 gallon cubes setup from Jason...along with a few other tanks I have

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
YAY! Well done, George. You were lost in the wilderness, but can now see the promised land!! I couldn't be happier!

I'm also incredibly jealous. Richard.

·
Administrator
8,789 Posts
Ed - with a tiny little bit of work using architectural tape - they are fruit fly proof.

I'll be happy to send you the post that Todd Kelly sent me - I've made the small modifications with the tape on the doors, and they work well.

s
George how fruit fly proof are they?

Ed

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Lucky guy! A close friend of mine just received something like 30 or 40, I forget just how many he said...Without a single door!!
Ed, to answer your question...my friend's are not very fruit fly proof!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to see most of them arrive. Do they fit your racks?
Yes they do. Its a tight squeeze but once they are in, there is some room to play with. They look great though. I'll post pics tomorow of the ones I built.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woohoo! Glad you finally got them and in one piece to boot :) Looking forward to seeing your frog room all set up.
Soon, very soon. I have now acquired two more walls in the room that will be my frog room. So all but one rack will be in there. Given I have frogs in temp tanks, my new tanks will be getting built very quickly. I already have four started and plan on doing another 6 this weekend.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Soon, very soon. I have now acquired two more walls in the room that will be my frog room. So all but one rack will be in there. Given I have frogs in temp tanks, my new tanks will be getting built very quickly. I already have four started and plan on doing another 6 this weekend.
Party at George's house coming soon..... the neighborhood will never be the same.lol.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Party at George's house coming soon..... the neighborhood will never be the same.lol.
Once my in-laws find a new house I will post a thread about a meeting....until then we'll have to wait.

Good news is they are looking at two homes this weekend.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Once I added a piece of clear U-channel to one of the sliding doors, it became fruit fly proof. Took only 10 minutes to do. Also be careful about using GS, it did not take much to crack the bottom of one of my tanks.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Once I added a piece of clear U-channel to one of the sliding doors, it became fruit fly proof. Took only 10 minutes to do.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not to worried about the ff's, since I have an enclosed room for my collection but i'll probvably try the u-channel anyways. As of now, the room isn't enclosed yet, but the ff's don't seem to travel far. This is much different then when I lived in an apartment and we found them everywheres.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I was more worried about some of my smaller frogs squeezing out between the two glass sliding doors, but this fix worked for fruit flies as well. I ordered the part that Shawn used in the vert tank build thread. Joiners Category | Channel Joiners, End Cap Joiner and Channel Joiner. | U.S. Plastic Corp.
I have a number of these tanks and would be VERY interested in more info on this. I hit the link but was unsure which profile you were happy with. I can't seem to find the thread you refer to either. I have a number of these tanks and the only downside is the colony of spiders that is feeding off the escapees is getting out of hand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts