Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20 gallon long vivarium with 3 azureus darts, but some of the plants in the vivarium are not growing very much at all. Is there any natural safe way to fertilize the plants? I know the frog poop will help but I have plants that are in difficult places for that to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
You should not need fertilizer for your plants to grow; you have some other issue going on. What's your light setup, substrate, plant types, etc?

·
Registered
55 Posts
In addition to what tarantula guy asked, did you seed any springtails or isopods into the tank? Frog poop alone won't do a whole lot for fertilizing the plants, but isopods will break down the frog poop into something the plants can actually use. It can take a while for the isopods to establish in the tank and due to foraging from the frogs you will need add some from time to time.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looking at your other thread here you said in your update it is only two months old.

It's pretty common for plants to grow very slowly until they get established. A few just won't make it. I'd give it around 6 months before it starts to flourish and you start to see some real growth.

Plants take time but one day it will explode!

Here's a photo from 4 months ago

Here it is today

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at your other thread here you said in your update it is only two months old.

It's pretty common for plants to grow very slowly until they get established. A few just won't make it. I'd give it around 6 months before it starts to flourish and you start to see some real growth.

Plants take time but one day it will explode!

Here's a photo from 4 months ago

Here it is today

Yes some of them do quite well and some die off, so I will give it more time to establish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyway, bonsai solid fertilizers are completely organic and if you pound the balls and spread the powder over the soil, you can fertilize safely.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts