Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Very very nice mark! But are you sure its a salt creek and not a solarte (which weve never seen) or another populatiOn??? ; )

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I personally did not collect them and the fact I merely have 7 vivs I am not eligable to comment....someday soon though, someday soon.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Very nice Mark...can't. Wait to see them in person next month!
I have to agree I look forward to seeing this gorgeous frog, I hope you either have a mate or find one real soon

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Is that one of your 7 microvivs Mark? I'm surprised they fit in there. Oh, wait, sorry, my bad. Although you only have 7 vivs, it wasn't the size of the vivs that was in question...

They are beauties!

Sent from my liver using TapaKeg

·
Banned
579 Posts
some identical to those came in as well. Its impossible to post a pic iphone but maybe Ill post later.
Nice frogs Mark, they look differant to the old line to me. These are shots of some that Thomas got in back in the 90s.

What do you think?

Eric

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed Sid & Eric I have some dead on your pics as well, most of mine are tangerine in color, I think there is a big difference between a 20 piece Bill Samples shipment and 100+ coming in, lot's more variability. Most of mine are orange but some are cherry red, green legs, red legs, all are more than nice.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I think Mark already has a mate for it. It looks a bit different though - kinda big and warty. I thought it was a marine toad, be he assured me it was a salt creek because he found it near the salt creek in his back yard. I try to give Mark the benefit of the doubt because, as everyone knows, he only has 7 vivs...:D

I have to agree I look forward to seeing this gorgeous frog, I hope you either have a mate or find one real soon
Edit - Almost forgot - Sent from my gall bladder using BileaTalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mark, Im glad to see you on the correct side of the fence. Beautiful animals by the way. How many did you end up with in your group? Are the frogs that came in on this import not amazing? The ones Ive seen in person might be my new favorite locales. I couldnt stop drooling on them lol. Good luck with them, and no hard feelings by the way.
Will Wohlers

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
These pics might give you a better idea of what came in, other then Marks one frog pic.

I pulled some pics of ones most like the pics you posted Eric.

There were others with very fine spotting, and others with the white legs.

All have the full white bellies, and in general they are a small pumilio

Attachments

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark, Im glad to see you on the correct side of the fence. Beautiful animals by the way. How many did you end up with in your group? Are the frogs that came in on this import not amazing? The ones Ive seen in person might be my new favorite locales. I couldnt stop drooling on them lol. Good luck with them, and no hard feelings by the way.
Will Wohlers
I got a nice small group, they will be going into a 100 as a group...at least right now that's my plan. All but 1 has fattened up but it is feeding well, just still a bit skinny. I saw a couple pics of the other frogs but did not see them in person, still have not seen any Esperanza's even in pics, did you get any of those?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The Esparanzas are pretty nice...not my cup of tea but nice none the less. If I was home I would post some pics.

I am going to keep this shipment of Salt Creek seperate from the original line in the hobby.

·
Banned
579 Posts
3 of my salt creeks have now been starting to get some bloat...Im wondering whats causing this...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts