Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
It very good looking, I'm sure it will grow well. I usually don't like statues and stuff like that but this one you have could be better placed!
Are you filtering the water section?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oooh this bumped up there on my favs list... Looks great.
Once it grows in, it will be up there with revolutions :)

What did you use to make the background?

·
Registered
719 Posts
looks really good so far and will look aswesome once grown in alittle. The only thing i think you can do without is the plastic guage(they arent very accurate and look ugly) and the plastic tiki guy. everything else looks so natural and that just stands out looking so artificial. thats just my opinion though. great job!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very pretty, I particularly like the background. Do you have plans for what creature is moving in?

Sally[/QUOTE

Thx!! Im really looking at a couple of Dart frogs don't know which ones yet but the Daytona breeder expo is right around the corner so will see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It very good looking, I'm sure it will grow well. I usually don't like statues and stuff like that but this one you have could be better placed!
Are you filtering the water section?
Thank you i thought the statue would be fun for my kids to look at haha, as far as filtering no i have a foam filter pad sitting under the pump the water is drawn in threw holes i drilled into the pcv surrounding the pump.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lookin good... any plans on planting that water section?
I just ordered yesterday some Azzolla Carolinia from josh's frogs i think i will go to the lfs to see what they have as far as water plants in stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oooh this bumped up there on my favs list... Looks great.
Once it grows in, it will be up there with revolutions :)

What did you use to make the background?
Wow that's an honor cause Revolutions are Really Really impresive i follow his work all the time . The background is great stuff and cork bark with coco fiber covering the great stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks really good so far and will look aswesome once grown in alittle. The only thing i think you can do without is the plastic guage(they arent very accurate and look ugly) and the plastic tiki guy. everything else looks so natural and that just stands out looking so artificial. thats just my opinion though. great job!
Your right i want this tank to look like i took a piece of the rain forest and set in the tank its not bad for my first tank build i think, the next one will be better for sure thx for expressing ur opinion hope u enjoy my next couple project coming soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You killed it man!! Great job! I have to agree with the earlier post...not a big fan of the guage but I think the tiki head makes it yours and I like it. What size exo is that?
Thx alot the tank is an exo terra 36" x 18" x 24" im planing on getting 36" x 18" x 36" to do a dart frog setup should be a challenge but i like a good challenge lol.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a few questions how do i keep the creeping fig alive if i just attach it to the cork bark and what would be a good ground cover moss my substrate is ABG mix from josh's frogs and what type of leaf litter?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Whats the background consist of? Give us a little run down.. is a great looking background. Cant wait to see all the broms grown in either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The background is Cork bark some really nice looking shapes and then i filled in the gapes with great stuff i covered the great stuff with brown ge silicone then i coated that with coco husk shavings the waterfall area is a really nice shaped cork bark it has a perfect shape to hide the pvc tube behind it where the pump sits in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts