Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started on my new project. 40 gal breeder with a water feature. I have started on the waterfall background but I'm having a hard time finishing it. i guess I'm just being to picky. i started the background with expandable foam but I didn't like the color (black). I picked up some drylok masonry waterproofer which only came in white. A guy at Sherwin Williams was kind enough to mix some color in one sandy/stone gray and one mossy green. Now that its painted I need to find good waterproofing sealant. Not really sure what to use. Here are some pictures of what I have done this far. I was also wondering how I could attach some live moss to the background. Please feel free to comment any suggestions are welcome. Sorry about crappy pictures :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a sealent online...not cheap I can tell you that much but worth it :)
"WORLD'S FINEST"
HERCO KOI FISH
100% All Natural CLEAR
NEOPRENE RUBBER
POND COATING & SEALANT
1 QUART
#1 Choice of Professional Pond Builders
That should to the trick.
For the other side of the tank I will do the expandable foam and then silicone coco fiber. That way I will be able to add live moss to the background.

·
Registered
725 Posts
that looks promising. I'm assuming you got the translucent white? have you applied it yet? I'm planning a paludarium sort of deal for either a 75 gallon or 40 breeder, and i'm thinking about fake rocks for the water portion. This might help me out.

Patrick nabors told me that they use a UV resistant matte finish water proof clear coat for a lot of the things they make for their displays. If i could find that, it might be a better option. Let me know how the pond liner works out!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I have not applied the sealant yet just ordered it today. I found it on ebay they have clear, gray, black, and white, I ordered the clear one. I hope it works out good. I am thinking about adding little more color, but yet again I'm afraid to overdo it :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts