Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much reading, researching and building. I decided on ordering frogs from Patrick Nabors. I wanted an Azureus for my first frog. From what I read Patrick Nabors has some of the best Azureus around. So below is a sexed pair from him. Is is safe to say the female is the larger on on the left? Also I got a trio of some nice D. leucomelas.
I have them in separate containers right now until they are a little larger. But Patrick did send me pretty nice sized ones. I also did a video of one of the D. leucomelas that kept trying to climb up the side and sliding down the side of the container. OK I thought it was cute, but realized that it probably means the frog is stressed out.

Azureus - sexed pair
Frog Amphibian Toad Poison dart frog True frog

D. leucomelas
Amphibian Bumblebee Membrane-winged insect Newt

Video of D. leucomelas sliding down the wall.

Any and ALL advice is always welcomed!
Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just bought a pair of sexed D. Auratus from him as well, they were absolutely beautiful. Mine did the same as yours and climbed up the side alot but, I covered the tank with a towel for a day and they were pretty settled in after that. One of them (the male i think) even tried to jump into my feeding cup!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I got sexed pairs of azureus and auratus from Patrick. Over time they have gotten bolder such that they shamelessly beg when I open the top to feed them. It just takes time. From the photos, it looks like the Leuc viv could use more foliage for cover.

Very nice frogs. Patrick sells great adult frogs.

Edit - I forgot to say that most of my frogs climb the glass at some point as part of their daily routine, so it doesn't always mean they are stressed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FINALLY, I have seen ALL five new frogs eat!!!
You know how that makes you feel good that your frogs are eating!!!

I think that last d.Leucomelas was probably eating, just not when I has in the room, he/she is pretty shy, either in the hut or under leaf litter.

Steve

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got my auratus group from patrick. He sells some nice healthy frogs. Im going to get a pair of thumbnails from him pretty soon.

Good luck with the frogs, they look good.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a few more photos. Both seem to be doing very well now. Both are eating good, Plus they are not hiding all of the time now.

Rock Amphibian

This is a small ledge at the back top of the terrarium.
Poison dart frog Frog Amphibian Organism Adaptation

Close up, with a flash, I'm sure he did not appreciate.
Frog Amphibian Poison dart frog Toad True frog

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts