Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got into the hobby and ended up buying a bio-active tank kit from Josh’s Frogs. This is what it looked like.

Plant Wood Branch Twig Organism

I had it set up for about a week and a half and then purchased the frogs. I have had them for two days and I already know the personalities of them.

This one is Adolin he/she is the most bold and climbs and explores the most. I am not worried about this frog’s health but if one escapes it will probably be this one.
Water Liquid People in nature Flash photography Art

This one is Dalinar he/she is one I am more worried about. The past couple days this one seems to sleep the latest and be the first one in it’s spot to go to sleep. I think it’s just more shy but I am the most anxious about this one
Arthropod Terrestrial animal Lizard Scaled reptile Amphibian

This one is Navanni he/she really likes the small cup that I fill with water and I often see them and somesoaking in it even with high humidity.

Plant Botany Organism Terrestrial plant Vegetation

The humidity has range from 70-100 and I mist somewhat frequently as I watch them. I also put a sizable amount of fruit flies without being dusted into the enclosure for a first feeding and just see a bit of fruit flies still walking around including about 10-15 drowning in the littIe cup

Plant Green Botany Leaf Automotive tire

I am glad though Navanni and Dalinar seem to like sleeping right next to the glass where I can observe them sleeping. Especially Dalinar as he seems to stay in his area even for several hours after I turn the lights on. (This picture is the first morning after I turned the lights on)

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Wood Trunk

I have only had them two days but I am worried that I have not seen any of them eat yet despite there being so much food, that Navanni seems to like the water bowl as a quick search says that that is not necessarily a good thing, and that Dalinar seems to stay in his area more than the others. I was hoping to get some advice and goodwill from other more experienced keepers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,067 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, the super well known vendor you bought the frogs from isn't known for giving great husbandry advice.

Firstly: All that sphagnum moss that you have on top of the substrate is going to keep the tank way too wet which can have adverse impacts on the frogs' health, such as foot rot. I would recommend that you remove it and place more leaf litter down instead.

Secondly: always dust the files every single time you feed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do so, I did a lot of other research into the husbandry of the frogs but less about the humidity besides the fact I knew it was necessary. I will need to buy so calcium as well as I only have the general multi vitamin one. I will take some of the Sphagnum moss out but will leave some in as some of my frogs seem to use it for a hide.

·
Administrator
6,217 Posts
I will need to buy so calcium as well as I only have the general multi vitamin one
'Repashy Calcium Plus' is the supplement you need, and it is the only supplement you need. Buy the smallest container, as you'll be replacing it every 6 months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It sure grew in nicely! What plants are you using?
Unfortunately a lot of these where just labeled tropical plants when I got them but some of them are. Rex. Bigonia, Rubber Tree Plant, Rabbits Foot Fern, Wandering Fig (along the edges). Blue Fern, Pink Nerve Plant, and a couple other plants that are a little too generic to identify. There is also some bromeliads in the back but I didn’t know how to care for them wen I got them so I wasn’t able to do what I wanted with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts