Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a picture of my two new auratus. they are my first dart frogs, and i love them. i purchased them at the all ohio reptile show from quality exotics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did Bill (the breeder you got them from) tell you how old they were when you got them? They were also my first frog, and I absolutely love them. They are simple, yet never boring. If they appear shy at first, that will go away with age. At least mine did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he didn't say anything about the age, but they are still pretty young. they are less than an inch long. they aren't really that shy either. the one with the big black spot on the back is pretty bold, and the one with the two black spots is not as bold, but it isn't that shy either.

i have talked to bill several times before. i bought my veiled chameleons from him. he is a very nice guy and everytime i talk to him he always mentions that his first pair of auratus he has had for about 13 years or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill is a great guy. I bought many of my first darts from him at Lee Watson's Swap Meets. My auratus would go through phases where one would be real bold, then it would hide for a while, then be bold again. So hopefully yours stay comfortable and bold in their environment. I had three from him at first, and then one magically disappeared and I never saw it again. I think it was due to the corkbark that I used, it might have hidden behind it and never eaten and died. Or is used it as a ladder to escape through the lid (if possible). Now I think that I have two females, but they are so active. Rarely do they ever hide. Good luck with yours! Great Choice for a first frog.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Costa Rican auratus

CR auratus were my first dartfrogs also.I have had mine going on 2 years this June.I have raised alot of froglets and plan on selling them as sexed pairs or trios real soon.I love mine. They have become so bold when I trim the plants in the tank they just sit and watch.
Mark W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts