Dendroboard banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I will try that tomorrow, thanks.

Could I just dump the charcoal into the substrate and mix it up to make sure all the springtails get into the enclosure?

·
Super Moderator
3,292 Posts
Could I just dump the charcoal into the substrate and mix it up to make sure all the springtails get into the enclosure?
Yes, there should be no problem with that. I like to have a spring cx (or six) going just in case I set up a new viv (or three) but that's up to you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yes, there should be no problem with that. I like to have a spring cx (or six) going just in case I set up a new viv (or three) but that's up to you.
Well, that's what I did since I really didn't have any other cups to use. I tried my best to mix the charcoal into the substrate, though a bunch of it is still more or less on the top-ish. I can't seem to spot any springtails anymore but given they now have a LOT more space to hide (under leaf litter, under the surface, etc.) I'm hoping they are still alive and are just hiding. For reference, I emptied two full jars into the enclosure, after having given the jars some springtail starter food and leaving them alone for about a week.

Since USPS messed up my order with Glass Box, they said they'll FedEx Overnight them to me once they get the package back. Hopefully that doesn't take too long, as i really want those plants and that moss mixture sooner rather than later. Right now the plants seem to not be dying or anything but I'm not seeing as much growth as I would like. Maybe I'm just impatient, but I guess only time will tell for sure.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts