Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this isn't courting, I dunno what is !

I was heading out to work when I saw this behavior from my F/S Leucs, so I grabbed my phone and recorded a short clip. When I walked out the door, my male was calling in a coco hut and my big fat female hopped in, so gonna check that tonight when I get home. If there are eggs there tonight, should I pull them since Leucs are notorious egg eaters?

Here is the video:

Courting Leucs - YouTube

Forget how to Embed, but this should work !

Enjoy !

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
177 Posts
"Let the back rub begin". Congrats. Mine never spawn past Sept/Oct. How warm is the tank/humidity?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
"Let the back rub begin". Congrats. Mine never spawn past Sept/Oct. How warm is the tank/humidity?
Well I just added a new glass top and got a new light fiture (zoo med HO lights). The floor temps range from 74-76 and warmer up higher around 77-80. Ever since I added those two items, my male has NON-stopped called. Morning...day...sometimes at night. Humidity is high, but have not measured how high it is.

I may have to get a fan or something when it starts to warm up in the spring/summer or work something out, but for now, it works well !

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just added a new glass top and got a new light fiture (zoo med HO lights). The floor temps range from 74-76 and warmer up higher around 77-80. Ever since I added those two items, my male has NON-stopped called. Morning...day...sometimes at night. Humidity is high, but have not measured how high it is.

I may have to get a fan or something when it starts to warm up in the spring/summer or work something out, but for now, it works well !
Updating: Well, I had to split up my 4 leucs bc the large female was intensely fighting with the other 2 leucs. She would puff up and smother the other frogs into the ground. The large female has been following around the male all day stroking its back and even hopping on him from time to time. I will be splitting my other 55 so one pair is on one side and the possible other pair on the other. I suspected some aggression, but just witnessed it first hand and needed to stop asap.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I was putting my leucs into their new vivs and put a few coco huts in with my known pair. When I removed them today and put them in their new home, I checked under the coco hut in their temp holding bin and found a bunch of eggs !!! My first ones ever !!! I put the eggs in a small storage bin with a wet paper towel, and put some a tad bit of water in the dish, and put the lid on, but not snapped on. Here is a photo, please tell me how they look:

Upset my team lost in the playoffs, but this totally made my day again ! hah

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was so excited for my first set of eggs! Let the fun begin. Just remember to make sure you leave them in the tank for at least 24 hours to make sure they have been fertilized. My male would actually go back once or twice, almost as if to make sure he got all the eggs!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks ! I'm super excited

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is an update. Some look bad, but some are looking good. Hey if I can 1 or 2 out of the first clutch, I'll be happy :)

Photo:

Lmk what you all see, as this is all new to me ! I think the larger clutch to the side was not properly fertilized, but the other 2 were....hmm !!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts